i think the strengths to The House on Mango Street are the detail and how she sets a scene and gives a lot of information in short chapters and overall the short book. I believe the weakness is because its so short you dont get the full detail or every event like you would in the more normal five hundred page area book. I think the strengths in OPne and Done are its a true story so we know we could relate and it gives us a sense of realization on how some people and places really are outside our own town. I think a weakness for One and Done is he doesnt quite set the scene like Cisneros. I prefer Cisneros book because I can relate to many things like when she talks about her wild horse of a grandmother and when the nun says you live in that house in almost a rude manner.
In One and Done something important is the first time he met his father he was physically abusing his mother. This is important because its his first real image of his father and it isnt a good one and will affect him and his opinion of his father for the rest of his life.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.